A native of Walkinstown in Co. Dublin, Fr Paul is one of many former students of Rockwell College in Co. Tipperary who went on to become a missionary priest.
He taught in Blackrock College while he was still a seminarian and he completed an MA in Formative Spirituality in Duquesne University in the USA.
Ordained in 1969, he went on to spend four decades in overseas mission.
Fr Paul ministered in various parishes in Kenya including Mang’u, served in Nairobi in the Junior Seminary and in St Mary’s School, and he was Principal in St. Teresa’s Boys’ School, Eastleigh.
Serving in Australia from 1988 until 2011, he spent over a decade in Queensland in vocations-related and pastoral roles, and some 7 years in pastoral ministry in the northern part of Sydney.
In Ireland he served on the vocations team, in Kimmage parish and as chaplain to Marian House, the then Spiritan nursing home, for three years. Today he is cantor on the Province’s Funeral Team.
Fr Paul celebrates his 80th birthday this month. Happy Birthday to him.
Image by teresa cotrim from Pixabay+
- Libermann Spiritan School, Templeogue
- Mission Boxes
- Mission Awareness Programme 2023
- An Tobar Retreat & Spirituality Centre Easter Triduum Retreat 2023
- Newsletter of the Congregation of the Holy Spirit
- Deaths in the Irish Spiritan Province in 2022
- Memorial to the late Fr Aengus Finucane and Fr Jack Finucane unveiled in Limerick city in August 2022
- Invite to Kimmage Manor as part of Culture Night, Friday 23rd September 2022