Holy Ghost Mission Boxes were first used in Ireland in the 1930s.
In the early 1950s they began to be distributed widely around the country, primarily to family-owned shops, chemists and pubs. In a sign of the times, mission boxes that served us so well for so long are now all but a thing of the past, due in part to the demise of many family-owned businesses and their replacement by chain stores, as well as competition for diminishing resources.
Sincere thanks to all who ever supported a Holy Ghost Mission Box!+
- Annual Raffle Results 2023
- Libermann Spiritan School, Templeogue
- Mission Boxes
- Mission Awareness Programme 2023
- An Tobar Retreat & Spirituality Centre Easter Triduum Retreat 2023
- Newsletter of the Congregation of the Holy Spirit
- Deaths in the Irish Spiritan Province in 2022
- Memorial to the late Fr Aengus Finucane and Fr Jack Finucane unveiled in Limerick city in August 2022