An Tobar Retreat & Spirituality Centre
An Tobar Retreat & Spirituality Centre is a space of Spiritan hospitality and mission animated by an open and inclusive community which offers welcome to all on their journey. It is a faith community, offering opportunities for prayer, reflection, healing and wholeness, while trying to live in an ecologically sustainable manner caring for the resources placed in our stewardship.
Gallery ~ Our Facilities
Residential and Non-Residential Retreats
In a simple but beautiful setting, among the retreats offered are:
- The Easter Triduum – ‘Mystery not history’, this begins annually on Holy Thursday with a Seder meal. It celebrates not what once happened to Jesus but what is happening to us.
- The Wonders of Creation – This engages the whole person, integrating cosmology, spirituality, scripture, theology, reflection, poetry, ritual and the outdoors.
- An Ashram Experience – This offers meditation, mindfulness and yoga, and an opportunity to be immersed in Spirituality, meditation and opening oneself to God.
- Self-development – In this retreat participants learn to use imagery to enhance their creative, personal, professional and spiritual lives.
- Both Yoga and Tai Chi workshops – at all levels – are available throughout the year.
- Capacitor, a therapy created in South America in the 1980s, offers self-care and wellness practices, and stress-busting techniques.
- ‘Be the Change’ asks us to look at our place in the world and how we care for the planet.
- ‘Women of the Bible’ re-tells the stories of women featured in the bible.
- A workshop on The Four Church Women of El Salvador is a recent addition.
- In Oasis Days, busy people take time out, ‘drink from the well’ and leave feeling refreshed.
- Poets read their own works during Poetry Reading Evenings.
- Christian meditation and Justice and Peace workshops are also on offer.
A large and small meeting room are available and can be customized to suit the needs of specific groups.
The grounds include several acres of mature mixed-broadleaf woodland, a stream that feeds a small lake below the main house, and a number of paths around the perimeter of the property.
Non-residential retreats in August 2020
Provisionally, the first retreats scheduled to take place after the ending of the COVID-19 lockdown, both non-residential, are:
Ashram Experience: Tues 11th–Sat 15th August (9am-5.30pm); Facilitator: David Halpin.
Yoga: Mon 17th – Fri 21st August (Times to be confirmed); Facilitator: Phyllis Hartford.
For additional detail, please contact the An Tobar Team: