On a recent visit to the Philippines, Brendan Carr C.S.Sp. –accompanied by Fr Michael Vinh Dình Nguyên, a Spiritan from Vietnam who completed formation in the Philippines – met Ambassador William Carlos and Deputy Head of Mission, Brian McCrohan, in the Irish Embassy in Manila.
The ambassador – a former Concern aid worker – recalled with affection and admiration the life-long contribution made to the global work of Concern by the late Spiritans, Fr Gus Finucane and his younger brother Fr Jack Finucane.
Fr Brendan, who has served in Ireland and Angola, was in the Philippines to co-facilitate – with Fr Paschal Dakurah – a month of preparation for final vows of a group of five young Spiritans in formation. Among those who participated were Edmund Kangwa Chipulu, from Zambia, who has been on ‘Second Cycle’ formation in Ireland, as well as three Vietnamese seminarians and one who is a native of India.
Pictured (L-R): Fr Nguyên, Fr Carr, Ambassador Carlos and Mr McCrohan.+
- Libermann Spiritan School, Templeogue
- Mission Boxes
- Mission Awareness Programme 2023
- An Tobar Retreat & Spirituality Centre Easter Triduum Retreat 2023
- Newsletter of the Congregation of the Holy Spirit
- Deaths in the Irish Spiritan Province in 2022
- Memorial to the late Fr Aengus Finucane and Fr Jack Finucane unveiled in Limerick city in August 2022
- Invite to Kimmage Manor as part of Culture Night, Friday 23rd September 2022